- HREC Investment Advisors® - 2014 to present - Senior Vice President - Hotel Investment Banking activities including asset sale transactions, debt and equity placement and lodging-related consulting assignments. Based in Washington, D.C. with a focus on clients based in Mid-Atlantic and Northeast for assets/projects located throughout the U.S.
- Hanley Lodging Advisors - 2013 to 2014 - Principal - Lodging advisory assignments including acquisitions, dispositions, Brand optimization and asset management for lodging assets.
- Sunburst Hospitality Corporation - 1997 to 2012 - President and Chief Executive Officer - Total enterprise responsibility; member of Board of Directors.
- Sunburst Hospitality Corporation - 2006 to 2007 - President and Chief Operating Officer - Responsible for company owned hotel operations, real estate transactions, marketing, CAPEX and construction. Conceptualized and executed development of 252 unit residential development, purchase of gold course and residential land development project, and acquisition and disposition of 16-hotel portfolio within 18 months.
- Sunburst Hospitality Corporation - 2000 to 2006 - Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer - Principal role in management-led leveraged buy-out of NYSE public company with 72 hotels in 26 states. Management responsibility for all hotel operations, marketing, construction, renovation and corporate real estate functions. Spearheaded sales of 53 owned hotels.
- Sunburst Hospitality Corporation - 1997 to 2000 - Senior Vice President - Real Estate Extended Stay Operations- Transactional and management responsibility for corporate real estate and development functions. Specific goals and achievements were the development of 13 Sleep Inn hotels and 21 MainStay hotels. Direct operating responsibilities for all MainStay hotels. Initiated standards of operations, procurement, staffing and marketing.
- Choice Hotels International - Silver, Springs, Maryland - 1994 t o 1997 - Vice President - Real Estate & Development - Transactional and Management responsibility for corporate Real Estate and development functions. Overall responsibility for market and site selection, negotiation, due diligence, closing, design and construction. Additional responsibilities included asset management of 70 owned and operated hotels and selected existing hotel acquisitions.
- Hospitality Investment Trust - Minneapolis, Minnesota - 1994 to 1994 - Executive Vice President - Acquisitions - Chief acquisitions officer for this start-up REIT, underwritten by Morgan Stanley. Joined company immediately prior to IPO road show. Participated in road show and final SEC registration activities. Company failed to price due to extreme market conditions in Fall 1994.
- Motel 6 Operating L.P. - Dallas, Texas - 1992 to 1994 - Senior Vice President - Development and Real Estate - Management responsibility for all development and real estate related activities for the nation's largest company owned motel concern (770 motels), supervising a staff of ten. Specific functions managed included acquisitions of existing motels, vacant land purchase for to-be-built motels, new prototype development, strategic planning for all real estate assets, negotiations for leasehold modifications, sales of existing motels, land and commercial buildings.
- Motel 6 Operating L.P. - 1988 to 1992 - Vice President - Acquisitions - Responsible for the acquisition of existing economy lodging facilities to be converted to Motel 6 brand. Activities included target market selection, economic, demographic and financial analysis, price and contract negotiation, renovations scope and cost determinations, due diligence, contract closing and operating transition. Supervision of staff of six professionals. Activity resulted in the acquisitions of 138 motels in 34 states with total value approximating $300 million. Projects consistently met financial projection expectations. Consistent performance led to senior management position.
- Motel 6 Operating L.P. - 1987 to 1988 - Director of Acquisitions - Responsible for acquiring motels in eastern half of the U.S. Established East Coast satellite office and co-developed systems and procedures for acquisition process. Performance led to officer level promotion after 18 months.
- Victor Management Company - Newport News, Virginia - 1984 to 1987 - Director of Development - Responsibilities included the acquisition of hotels and the establishment of Management Contracts. Played integral role in expanding company from 18 hotels in 1984 to 31 hotels in 1987.
- Sheraton Corporations - Boston, Massachusetts - 1982 to 1984 - Development Analyst - Performed market and financial feasibility analysis for corporate development projects. Involvement in all development projects to be owned or managed by Sheraton in U.S. or Canada.
- Laventhol & Horwath - Boston, Massachusetts - 1980 to 1982 - Consultant - Performed market and financial feasibility analysis for projects to be developed throughout six-state New England region. Maintained and published a statistical summary of hotel and restaurants operating performance from a sample of New England businesses.
- Hyatt Hotel Corporation - Chicago, Illinois and Cambridge, Massachusetts - 1979 to 1980 - Management Trainee and Banquet Manager - Received intense training in all functional areas of hotel operations. Promoted to staff position as Banquet Manager. Supervised staff of 50 employees with annual food and beverage revenues of $4 million.
B.S. Cum Laude, in Hotel Administration, 1978
The Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire